NIST Risk Assessment
Optiv's compliance experts provide guidance, expertise and recommendations that help companies comply with NIST risk assessment guidelines.
Complying with NIST Risk Assessment Recommendations
The "Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments," published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), offers valuable recommendations for improving information security, but managing NIST risk assessment compliance can be a challenge for organizations already struggling to comply with a wide variety of regulatory frameworks.
The NIST risk assessment document, like the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, provides information security recommendations and best practices for government agencies and their contractors. The NIST risk assessment publications specifically concerns security risk assessment and sets standards for identifying threats and vulnerabilities, evaluating controls and gauging risk. Complying with NIST risk management recommendations can help both to improve cyber security and to achieve compliance with other regulatory frameworks like FISMA, HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
But for many organizations, the need to address NIST compliance adds cost and complexity to compliance programs and additional burden to IT and compliance teams. To comply more easily with the NIST risk management framework and to reap the benefits it offers, organizations need technology, solutions and partners that can help to make NIST security simpler, less costly and more effective. That's where Optiv can help.
Manage NIST Risk Assessment Programs with Optiv
As a provider of end-to-end cyber security solutions for businesses in all industry verticals, Optiv is committed to helping organizations plan, build and run successful cyber security programs. Our compliance experts provide guidance, expertise and recommendations that help organizations improve compliance with NIST risk assessment guidelines.
With Optiv solutions for NIST risk assessment, organizations can:
- Align risk strategy with the performance of the business.
- Optimize compliance efforts for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assess the success of the current approach and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Triage, track and treat gaps and threats in the current approach.
- Reduce cost while improving effectiveness of governance, risk and compliance efforts.
Optiv Solutions for NIST Risk Assessment
Our NIST risk assessment solutions include:
- Information security risk management to provide visibility into the strengths and weaknesses of the information system.
- Security risk assessment services to identify and quantify risk.
- Risk controls gap assessments to gauge the effectiveness of current controls, identify gaps and recommend remediation.
- Security maturity assessments to benchmark current practices against leading methods and industry standards.
- Policy assessment and development to ensure policies are closely aligned with business goals.
- Governance, risk and compliance (GRC) consulting and implementation services to deploy technology to automate GRC programs.
- Third-party risk management services to minimize exposure to vendor and partner risk.
- Data-centric risk consulting to identify and remediate data risks.
- Staff augmentation services to provide help to activate and manage compliance programs.