NIST Risk Management
To help businesses comply with NIST risk management guidelines, Optiv offers guidance that helps organizations to address gaps and allocate resources.
Benefiting from NIST Risk Management
While standards and guidelines developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) provide a valuable roadmap for improving information security, meeting NIST risk management recommendations may be difficult for organizations already struggling with compliance issues.
Recommendations published in the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and the NIST Risk Assessment guide are intended to help federal agencies and their contractors improve cyber security to protect sensitive information and users more completely. NIST compliance can help organizations to also comply more fully with other frameworks such as the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA. NIST risk management standards incorporate best practices and security controls across a range of industries, and can help organizations to manage risk by identifying threats, evaluating controls and addressing gaps more effectively.
For IT organizations trying to manage competing priorities with limited resources, compliance with NIST risk management recommendations can be a challenge. The growing complexity of regulatory environments and the constant evolution of the threat landscape combine to make NIST security more of a burden than many IT teams can handle. To successfully comply with the NIST Risk Management Framework, organizations need partners who can bring deep expertise, proven methodologies and extensive experience to the table. That's where Optiv can help.
NIST Risk Management and Optiv
Optiv is a market leading provider of end-to-end cyber security solutions that enable clients to plan, build and run successful cyber security programs.
To better comply with NIST risk management guidelines, our security experts offer guidance, expertise and recommendations that help organizations to address gaps, manage risk and allocate resources more effectively.
With Optiv's help to simplify NIST risk management, organizations can:
- Build a compliance program that is more aligned with business priorities.
- Make better and more agile decisions.
- Optimize approaches and integrate investments in governance, risk and compliance (GRC) efforts.
- Reduce cost while improving effectiveness of NIST risk management programs.
Optiv Solutions for Meeting NIST Risk Management Guidelines
Our NIST risk management offerings include services that help clients to:
- Plan compliance programs through information security risk management, security risk assessments and risk controls gap assessments.
- Build compliance programs through security maturity assessments, policy assessment and development, and consulting on GRC technology selection and implementation.
- Run compliance programs with assistance from third-party risk management, data-centric risk consulting and staff augmentation services.