Refining Security Programs through Security Analytics
In the face of a constantly evolving threat landscape, security analytics can play a big role in helping to refine and improve the effectiveness of cyber security programs.
Risks, threats and malicious attacks continue to grow in sophistication and volume. As technology grows more complex and the pool of talent available to manage it becomes smaller, IT organizations must be more resourceful and innovative when it comes to security automation and security orchestration. Security analytics can be invaluable in providing data on the prevalence of threats, the effectiveness of response and the performance of security operations.
But developing, managing and interpreting security analytics can be a significant burden for IT teams faced with constrained resources and expanding to-do lists. That's where Optiv can help – with comprehensive solutions for next-generation security operations that integrate security analytics with all the other aspects of a successful cyber security program.
Managing Security Analytics with Optiv
As one of North America's top cyber security companies, Optiv provides market-leading, end-to-end cyber security solutions that help organizations plan, build and run cyber security programs. Our diverse and talented team of security specialists partner with organizations to define strategy, identify risks, deploy information security technology and prepare the organization operationally to defend against a wide variety of threats. Having served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes in multiple industries, we have the expertise and experience to make security analytics a vital part of every security program.
To be successful, an information security framework must integrate disparate technologies and accurately prioritize threats and tasks, from threat intelligence and security orchestration to advanced controls and security analytics. At Optiv, our security experts can help to operationalize a security program that integrates detection, orchestration, automation, incident response, measurement, reporting as well as security analytics.
Optiv's Security Analytics Solutions and Services
To integrate security analytics throughout the organization, we offer services that include:
- Workshops and summits to review the existing environment and find opportunities to leverage existing analytics tools.
- Proprietary governance and maturity models that are designed to measure progress.
- Definition of key metrics and KPIs that align with the business to drive flexible security analytics reporting.
- Proprietary use case and IP catalog to build analytical models and automation and orchestration playbooks.
- Reporting on metrics such as volume of incidents handled, mean time to resolution, average time between detection and response, likelihood or impact of a successful cyber attack, number of actualized threats, and headcount for platform management and threat monitoring.
Learn more about security analytics and Optiv.