Improving Security Programs with Security Metrics
As organizations strive to improve security operations, security metrics can play an important role in monitoring efforts, evaluating progress and reporting on results.
IT organizations must keep an eye on a broad range of security metrics. Incident response reporting may include security metrics such as average time between detection and response, or mean time to resolution. A broader view of the information security framework may include metrics such as likelihood or impact of a successful cyber attack, or the number of actualized threats.
Managing security metrics requires both the cyber security programs that impact security metrics as well as the mechanisms for measuring and reporting. For organizations seeking solutions to make metrics a vital part of an information security strategy, Optiv provides comprehensive solutions and services.
Security Metrics Solutions from Optiv
As one of North America's top cyber security companies, Optiv offers market-leading, end-to-end cyber security solutions for businesses, governments and educational institutions. Our team of experienced security specialists helps to define strategy, identify risks, select technology and ensure readiness to defend the organization against a growing universe of threats.
To drive security metrics, we offer managed security services and advanced security controls as part of an integrated program covering detection, security automation, orchestration, analytics, incident response, measurement and reporting. This next-generation approach to security operations delivers a highly collaborative, effective and efficient program that can integrate disparate systems and accurately prioritize threat tasks. We also help to tune platforms in real-time to respond to the changing threat landscape using security automation and analytics as a foundation.
Our comprehensive offerings allow us to help clients define, impact and report on security metrics in a wide variety of areas, including:
- Enterprise Risk and Compliance
- Threat Vulnerability Management
- Enterprise Incident Management
- Security Architecture and Implementation
- Identity and Access Management
Benefits of Managing Security Metrics with Optiv
With help from Optiv, organizations can improve metrics such as:
- Return on overall technology investment.
- Volume of incidents handled.
- Mean time to resolution.
- Average time between detection and response.
- Time to ticket acknowledgment.
- Time between initial alert and determination of true or false positive.
- Ratio of false positives to true positives.
- Improvements in service level agreements (SLAs).
- Likelihood or impact of a successful cyber attack.
- Number of actualized threats.
- Headcount for platform management and threat monitoring.