Manage Risk More Effectively with a Security Risk Assessment
A security risk assessment is a critical element of an effective information security strategy. As the threat landscape continues to grow in size and sophistication, a security risk assessment can help you gain a clear perspective on the risks you face, enabling you to modify your approach to enterprise risk management, optimize current technology, plan for future investments and address risks more effectively.
Performing a security risk assessment requires expertise and experience that is often beyond the reach of internal IT departments. That’s why, when seeking an IT risk management partner to perform a security risk assessment as part of a comprehensive risk management program, leading companies around the world turn to Optiv.
A Security Risk Assessment with Optiv
Optiv is North America’s largest comprehensive pure-play IT security company. Our team of seasoned and highly skilled security professionals has provided services to more than 12,000 clients of different sizes in various industries. With subject matter experts and thought leaders representing all aspects of cyber security, we have a 360 degree view of the security space and expertise in the latest threats and mitigation strategies required for an effective security risk assessment.
Our methodology for a security risk assessment includes:
- Assessing, identifying and quantifying areas of weakness
- Modifying your security posture to address areas of risk
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory administrative, physical and technical safeguards
- Reviewing areas where essential information could be at risk, including protected individual information (PII), protected health information (PHI) and credit card data
Optiv’s Security Risk Assessment Services
In addition to helping you track and triage potential hazards and threats, our security experts can translate your security requirements into in-depth recommendations for remediation that take into account the technology, people and processes specific to your organization.
A security risk assessment with Optiv can help you to:
- Document existing security controls and programs to verify that a particular system is in place and working effectively
- Develop proactive strategies for securing your environment and your organization
- Identify, quantify and triage the risks to your information assets
- Identify and analyze potential weaknesses and vulnerabilities from the perspective of an attacker
- Identify the most dangerous risks to your organization through threat modeling
- Gain insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your current approach to risk management