Compliance Challenges with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
The NIST Cybersecurity Framework is a set of standards that identifies the best practices government agencies and contractors should use to secure information and information systems. Published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is intended to help organizations meet the requirements of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). Adherence to these guidelines can also help agencies comply with other regulatory requirements such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
Using the NIST Cybersecurity Framework guidelines or the companion NIST Risk Assessment recommendations, organizations can take positive steps towards building a more mature cyber security program. But developing NIST risk management programs and managing NIST compliance can also put a strain on IT departments already struggling to meet a variety of priorities with constrained resources.
Optiv can help. Our risk and compliance services enable organizations to simplify and streamline compliance with NIST security recommendations, while our expertise and insight can help institutions get more from their compliance programs.
Managing NIST Cybersecurity Compliance with Optiv
Optiv is the largest comprehensive pure-play cyber security solutions provider in North America. Our security experts provide guidance, expertise and recommendations to help organizations improve compliance with the NIST risk management framework by making more informed decisions about addressing gaps, managing risk and allocating resources to protect the organization.
Our NIST cybersecurity solutions include:
- Security risk assessment services to identify and quantify risk in an environment.
- Risk controls gap assessment to evaluate current controls, identify gaps and recommend remediation.
- Security maturity assessment to benchmark current practices and controls against industry standards.
- Policy assessment and development to gauge the effectiveness of existing policies and provide recommendations for modification or additional policies to align NIST cybersecurity compliance efforts with business goals.
- Consulting services to deploy technology for automatic management of governance, risk and compliance (GRC) programs.
- Third-party risk management consulting to help identify, assess and minimize the risk from third-party relationships.
- Staffing services to provide assistance with day-to-day execution of compliance programs.
Benefits of Optiv's NIST Cybersecurity Solutions
With Optiv solutions for compliance with the NIST cybersecurity Framework, organizations can:
- Build a compliance program that is more aligned with business goals and strategy.
- Enjoy better, more agile decision-making.
- Optimize GRC efforts across all systems.
- Achieve a return on efforts that improve security while demonstrating compliance.