Optiv helps businesses implement NIST security recommendations and improve their security posture while easing the burden on IT teams.
The Challenge of Complying with NIST Security Recommendations
While the standards and metrics developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) can help organizations protect data more effectively, ensuring compliance with NIST security recommendations can be daunting for IT teams with limited resources.
The recommendations provided in the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and NIST Risk Assessment publications are intended to help government agencies and their contractors meet the requirements of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). The NIST Risk Management Framework incorporates best practices for protecting information and information systems, and helps organizations comply with other regulations such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley. NIST security recommendations act as a roadmap, helping organizations of all sizes and maturity levels to improve cyber security, identify gaps in controls and benchmark efforts against industry standards.
Implementing NIST security recommendations and demonstrating NIST compliance can help organizations improve their security posture, but the burden on IT teams can be significant. To comply with and benefit from NIST security guidelines, organizations need compliance partners and compliance solutions that bring effective tools and greater efficiency to the task of building, planning and running compliance programs. That's where Optiv can help.
Managing NIST Security Programs with Optiv
As the largest pure-play cyber security solutions provider in North America, Optiv offers the most comprehensive suite of security services and solutions in the market. To improve compliance with NIST risk management recommendations, we employ a business-aligned approach to compliance, risk and security that helps organizations streamline efforts and get more from their compliance programs.
We offer comprehensive services to plan, build and run successful NIST security programs.
- Plan. Our services include information security risk management, security risk assessments and risk controls gap assessments that provide greater visibility into the strengths and weaknesses of existing systems and approaches.
- Build. We help organizations build stronger compliance programs by providing security maturity assessments, assessing and developing policies, and implementing technology to automate management of enterprise governance, risk and compliance (GRC) programs.
- Run. We provide third-party risk management consulting, data-centric risk consulting and IT staffing services to assist with day-to-day execution of compliance programs.
Advantages of Optiv's Services for NIST Security
With Optiv's NIST security services, organizations can:
- Accelerate rollouts of and improvements to compliance programs by leveraging Optiv's experience and expertise.
- Advance compliance programs by discarding a checklist approach in favor of strategy, closely aligned with business priorities.
- Enhance compliance by improving efforts to address risk and meet business goals.