Privacy and Governance
Manage risk with strategies aligned to your unique business objectives.
Privacy and Governance solutions for your business
When Forrester's The State of Risk Management 2018 asked decision makers to identify the types of risk posing the highest potential threat to their organizations, they rated information security (50%) and data privacy (51%) as their top two concerns.
Our Privacy and Governance services help align strategies to your business objectives in order to manage risk. We build agility within your organization and implement an enterprise risk management framework based on the details of your current environment. You won’t get a check-box approach to compliance from Optiv. Our methodology is integrated, holistic, proactive and comprehensive.
Let’s collaborate on building and running a risk management program that’s strategically tailored around your specific business and technical dynamics.
How do we do it?
Strategy Development and Alignment
Gain a deep understanding of where your organization is today and how to get to where you want or need to be with solutions that align to business strategy and goals.
Maturity and Gap Assessments
Gain a clear understanding of how you’re performing against the appropriate regulations (PCI, HIPAA, NYFDS, GDPR, CCPA, etc.) and frameworks (NIST, ISO 27001, etc.) your organization needs to comply with.
Understanding the data component of your business is crucial. Our data governance implementation, data privacy impact assessment and risk-based data classification services provide the insight and clarity necessary to safeguard your organization.
Resilience and adaptability
Businesses are voraciously adopting new, enabling technologies to remain competitive, and too often security is an afterthought – reactive, rearguard, tactical and disjointed. When this happens, security risk increases across a vast digital landscape that includes on-premises, cloud, IoT and other environments.
Effective data governance is foundational to driving the rapid decision-making and adaptable risk strategies that build cyber resilience and help organizations plan for the unprecedented. However, many organizations don’t fully understand where the data is, how it’s protected and who has access to it. This lack of visibility makes it nearly impossible to make good, risk-based decisions.
Our Privacy and Governance services help organizations understand how security risk is business risk. We craft risk management processes and solutions assuring security team integration at a strategic level so organizations can make timely decisions, evaluate current risk vs. acceptable risk and drive a cohesive cybersecurity program that builds critical resilience in people, process and technology.
A partner in business and security
We can help your organization align risk management programs with business objectives by identifying gaps in your strategy, framework and compliance. To effectively safeguard your business against cyber risk, you need more than a technology vendor. You need a partner.
Privacy and Governance Services
- Strategy Development - Gain a deep understanding of where your organization is today and how to get to where you want or need to be with solutions that align with business strategy and goals.
- Risk and Security Assessments - Identify, triage and manage risk to evaluate goals and objectives to meet targets; identify the areas of greatest risk and know where to focus resources and investments to address risks and improve the risk posture of your organization.
- Maturity and Gap Assessments - Determine if your IT security processes and protocols are meeting performance expectations; assess your current environment to prioritize investments and efforts; identify areas vulnerable to attack and incident response readiness; perform identity and access management assessments; identify issues with compliance (PCI DSS, ISO, CCPA, HIPAA, GDPR, NIST, etc.) and policies, assess security status before and after mergers and acquisitions (system consolidation) and much more.
- Compliance - We do it all. NIST, PCI DSS, GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA, NYFSD, DFARS, GLBA, SOX, etc. Our comprehensive suite of services for compliance management, includes:
- ISO compliance - Standards benchmarking and consulting, program readiness assessments, health check services, strategic roadmap services, configuration and deployment solutions, integration and deployment of technology, post-implementation support/technical assistance, knowledge transfer, and staff augmentation.
- NIST Services - We offer comprehensive services to plan, build and run successful NIST security programs.
- PCI DSS Services – Manage compliance more efficiently; evaluate risks, identify gaps, get recommendations and receive ongoing guidance.
- GDPR Specific Services - Define your GDPR requirements, and how they fit into your current information security and privacy program and then develop a plan reach and maintain compliance.
- Privacy - Get the insight and clarity necessary to understand and safeguard your organization with data governance programs, data privacy impact assessment and risk-based data classification services.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance/IT Risk Management – Get help developing security programs, improving IT compliance with regulatory frameworks (NIST, ISO 27001, etc.) and conducting security education and training.